Thank you for visiting my business blog.
I mainly write Fintech-related articles in Japanese but when some serious or interesting accidents or booms happen in Japan, I try to write articles to convey the unique or funny things to foreigners to better understand Japan and Japanese in the Fintech field.
By the way, this is a just funny play to list up “Seven Wonders of Japanese on Payment and cash generally”.
These lists are completely from my own thoughts.
However, probably some of them must be interesting for you.
Why doesn’t cashless operation expand in Japan?
These 7 list-ups must be helpful to the question.
1. Japanese love Cash but at the time some are enthralled by risky investments such as Cryptocurrencies.
2. Japanese can get credit cards easier than persons in foreign countries but they avoid to use it.
3. Japanese are not good at investment to stocks but some are crazy with FX. Japan has the second largest transactions volume of FX all over the world.
4. Japanese tend to have much money with them in purse. Also, many of them are very clever with handling small changes because they don’t like to keep many coins in their purse. However, they are not positive to use cards.
5. Japanese think much of point royalty cards as much as cash.
6. Brand Prepaid Cards are usually to be loaded in advance but in Japan many of them have an original small credit.
7. One of major payment method to use EC is “Cash on delivery” even if he or she has a credit card.
I am going to dig down one by one as series.
After completing all, I hope some of you could understand “Japan unique”.
To be continued.